Re-defining automatic door technology
MOTION4 is a company specialized in the development, design and production of automatic sliding doors with innovative magnetic linear motor technology for home, residential and commercial use.
Based in Barcelona, Spain, Linear Motor Applications, S.L. (LMA) was established in 2008 with the strong belief that in the near future the automation of doors, windows and other similar applications will be based in this advanced technology.
What we do?
At MOTION4 we apply magnetic linear motor technology for the development, supply and installation of automatic doors for interiors.
Our R&D department has been working for more than 10 years to achieve an advanced and refined technology
We also adapt and manufacture our automation systems for special projects, designed according to the customer’s needs. We collaborate with architects, interior designers and users, evaluating and proposing solutions that best adapt to their projects
We offer our extensive experience and know-how to companies wishing to incorporate linear motor technology into their products. After an evaluation process, we propose a project consisting of joint development, custom manufacturing and supply of the solution
Have you got a project?
Whether you are the specifier of a project, an end user, or a company that wants to incorporate linear motor technology in its products, contact us, and together we will evaluate the best way to satisfy your requirements
Pol. Ind. Santiga Pasaje Arrahona n° 4 (Nave 1)
08210 Barberà del Vallés
Barcelona – Spain
Tel. +34 935 624 639
LMA is born
“Linear Motor Applications, S.L.” is a Spanish company based in Barcelona, established in 2008.
Oriol Guilera, with more than 20 years of experience in the automatic door business creates LMA with the vision to develop the first automatic sliding door with the revolutionary technology of “magnetic linear motors”.
The object of the company is not only to produce linear motors for the automatic door industry, but also to apply this technology and its advantages in other products such as curtains, windows, contract furniture and other industries.
LINEA and E-MOTION are launched
We introduce two new products in the market: LINEA and E-MOTION.
The LINEA is a new operator for the automation of sliding doors designed to be fixed front mounted to a wall.
While the E-MOTION is the result of a collaboration with the ECLISSE, the Italian manufacturer market leader of pocket door systems. This product incorporates an exclusive design on the top side of the header frame (patented by ECLISSE) which allow the integration of this automatic linear track into their pocket door systems. An existing pocket door can be easily upgraded to automatic by simply removing the manual track and inserting the E-MOTION
EvoDrive is released
After the success of the LINEA and E-MOTION we wondered how could we improve the operator to make it even better.
The result is the EvoDrive automatic sliding door track, released in January of 2015, which incorporates several new features oriented to help and ease installation:
- Ultra compact design, measuring only 60 mm high x 65 mm deep.
- New hinged cover to allow quick access to the internal parts of the automatic track, for easier installation and maintenance tasks.
- No electrical cables inside the operator: The 24v are conducted from the main board to the motor by means of the track rails
- No communication cables: information between the main board and the motor driver is transmitted via Bluetooth
- Easy cut to size: with the magnets on the header frame and the motor sliding with the door leaf, the operator length is now easy to cut to the desired size
- New versions of leaf adaptors: full glass, Twins, timber…
MOTION4 is our new brand
Our commercial name MOTION4 is presented, with the strong belief that in the near future the automation of doors, windows and other similar applications will be based in the innovative linear motor technology
A new fresh and modern looking name and corporate image, willing to reflect the spirit of our company. Now “Linear Motor Applications, S.L.” is only used as our legal name.
EvoDrive+: now more powerful and easy to install
In mid-2021, and after 6 years on the market, we incorporated numerous improvements to the EvoDrive door track, renaming it EvoDrive+:
- 4-pole motor instead of 3
- Easier programming through the 2-digit led panel.
- Easier replacement of spare parts, which are easier to remove and replace from the front, without uninstalling the header frame.
- We incorporate the “public toilet mode” for restrooms in public spaces.
- The wireless push button and remote control share the same receiver, integrated into the main electronics.
- We incorporate new functions such as Push-to-open and Push-to-close.
Come and see our products in Madrid and Barcelona. In these spaces of creativity, architects and interior designers can get to know MOTION4 products, as well as the latest innovations for the hospitality business from other leading manufacturers
Click on the link below to request an appointment
Rambla de Catalunya, 43 Principal, 1ª, 08007 Barcelona, SpainRequest an Appointment
No showroom nearby?
With the support of:
EUROPEAN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND
“A WAY TO BUILD EUROPE”